Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday June 17: Pets Naturally, Pride n Joy, Three Dog Bakery

Friday afternoon in the Valley- after we dropped our Fetch houseguest Seamus off at his home, we took a little tour around his neighborhood in Sherman Oaks. Roo was in rare form today. She's had a bizarre week actually. She occasionally reacts poorly to loud sounds. In the last week every time we've been to the dog park she has been disturbed by something- sometimes it is audible, sometimes not (at least not to me) and she stops playing fetch. :( Which breaks my heart because it is her favorite thing in the world. Today we at least played for about 20-25 minutes, but on Monday I barely threw the ball 3 times when she ran to the gate and begged to leave. Sad.

Anyway, today walking down Ventura Blvd she just wanted to go inside every door we passed. So she was very happy when we finally reached Pets Naturally and entered. It's been a whole since I've been there. A few years ago, Pets Naturally was the go-to spot for all of your natural, high end healthy food. Unfortunately for them a lot of competition has popped up, and they can't fit a lot in their small space. However, their advantage is the knowledgeable and friendly owner. I believe she would order anything you wanted if she felt it would enhance your pet's life. And if it won't, she'll tell you why (she let me know I shouldn't be using Missing Link for my dog Duval due to the yeast in it). Roo really enjoyed meeting everyone there, and several of the folks who came in just to visit with the store owner were in love with Roo, which always boosts her confidence. We'll be back.



Stop 2 was Pride n Joy groomers. However before we stopped there we passed an unnamed pet store (or at least I couldn't find a name) which we almost visited until we saw written in the window "we sell puppies!" I got the distinct feeling the puppies they were selling weren't the kind rescued from the shelter like our friends at The Orange Bone in We Ho. So I snapped a photo without Roo (she refused to pose) and we walked on.


Store touting "we sell puppies"

Pride n Joy really is a grooming salon- I've had a number of clients take their pets there. The sell pet supplies, but I wouldn't recommend going there for them unless you are there and are short on time and need a bag of food. I bought a Natural Balance Roll for 2X as much as I can get it in Henco in Sun Valley, and about $6 more than what I pay at Petco. I was bummed about that and almost said nevermind but thought that would be rude and they were a couple of very nice guys. Then the cat came out. I wasn't expecting the cat. Nor was Roo. Good thing I had a good hold on her. "Oh the dog doesn't like cats?" I guess most of their dog clients are OK with this kitty? Or maybe they don't care. The cat was brave and even stalked us outside when we were trying to get a picture (you can see Roo looking for the cat amongst the towers in the photo).





Last stop- we headed over to the Three Dog Bakery. Yum. Said Roo....Actually she spent more time eying their great toys than the treats in the case. I talked with the gal working about what I could get for my highly allergic Duval. It is a bakery after all, so grain free was not really possible, BUT I did pick up some wheat free goodies which they both enjoyed when we got home.

All in all a good afternoon of shop and treat hopping. :)







Roo trying to keep her eyes off the pastries....

Duval nibbling the crumbs of the pastry we brought home for him

Any more in that bag????

No comments:

Post a Comment